Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 10, 2011

He's Actually Gone.........




Mike Fisher has been traded. When I first heard those words, something in the back of my mind was telling me it was a joke, but I knew it wasn't. Although the return the Sens received from Nashville was pretty good (first round pick and conditional pick) for what is really a third line centre, there is something telling me that Fish is more than a great third liner. Ya i know, I'm a sap, but the guy did more than play what was defined as "Ottawa Senator Hockey" on the ice, he was a first-class citizen off the ice, going to third world countries to help them get by. With who was going to be the next captain gone, Fish leaves us with not only a couple picks and a hole in our hearts, we also have that ongoing wonder about who is the next great Senator. I know that I'm talking like both Alfie and Fisher are dead, but we seriously need to think here. Karlsson is too young, but he will get there, and Phillips will be dealt within the next few weeks, so who's it going to be Ottawa? How about Gabriel Landeskog? Well on behalf of all of Ottawa, thanks Mike, for being the prototypical Senator, and being an all around great role model. Even though he's gone, he still plays like every  Senator should: with no fear, no quit, and no mercy. He's proven he is more than just Mr Underwood

No comments:

Post a Comment